The study of architecture is rigorous, highly visual, and conceptual. You will want to plan your high school learning path carefully, and take advantage of a wide range of life experiences geared towards your future studies and demonstrating your ability to succeed.
- Honors and AP courses, to prepare for rigorous college coursework
- Studio art classes: extremely important. This includes drawing and 3D design. Mechanical drawing and CAD (Computer Aided Design) classes are not a prerequisite for admissions, nor a necessary component for your portfolio.
- A solid background in physical sciences, including physics
- English and humanities classes
- Developed writing abilities
- Foreign language
- Speech or debate classes